Code of ethics
Code of ethics for RIGCERT certified professionals
We strongly believe that a competent professional should participate in the effort to create a better society and a better world for us and for our children.
As a certified professional, regardless of discipline, you are expected to apply and uphold the following principles:
Integrity – integrity is the foundation of professionalism. It establishes trust and represents the basis for reliance on the judgement of a certified professional.
Responsibility – certified professionals should always assume responsibility for their actions and decisions.
Competence - certified professionals should look to maintain their competence up-to-date.
Confidentiality –certified professionals are expected to exercise discretion and protect the information they have access to.
Objectivity – certified professionals should be objective and free from external influences when gathering, reviewing, communicating and making decisions based on available information.
As a certified professional, we expect you to comply to the requirements that follow, as a condition to obtain and to maintain your certification.
RIGCERT certified professionals shall:
- act to maintain and improve their competence continually;
- always exercise good faith and conduct themselves with honesty and professionalism;
- use their knowledge for the best interest of their employers, customers and of any third party that may be affected by their actions or decisions;
- provide correct and complete information about their competence, skills and certifications to any client, employer or other party who may require this information;
- never participate in actions, projects or activities that are illegal, or that may lead to negative consequences for their employers, their customers or other stakeholders;
- avoid the involvement in activities or relationships where any existing conflicts of interests may affect their judgement and their conduct;
- maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the different business and professional relations and dealings, as agreed;
- assume responsibility for the actions and decisions taken as a certified professional;
- not use their certification in a way that would bring RIGCERT into disrepute and lose public trust.